Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
Good design isn’t created in a vacuum. It happens based on information about brand, user needs and business requirements. But extracting this kind of information from the client can be challenging.
One of the best ways of gathering this information is through collaboration with the client. In this course you will learn a series of workshop techniques that will help you:
- Understand business objectives and success criteria.
- Get to know the target audience.
- Nurture a culture of testing in the client.
- Develop an information architecture.
- Establish a site look and feel the client will like.
- Work together with the client on wireframes.
What You’ll Learn
- The importance and power of workshops in a web design project.
- How to kick off a project by running a workshop.
- The keys to running a successful workshop: who should be involved, how to keep attendees motivated, and how to approach the exercises.
- Create workshop exercises that help clients arrive at better site objectives, target audiences, information architecture, design, and wireframing.
About the Instructor
Paul Boag is the founder of UK Web design agency Headscape, author of the Website Owners Manual and host of award-winning web design podcast and blog Boagworld.